Get answers to your financial aid questions below
View top ten questions
- When will I receive my financial aid?
- How do I pay my tuition for the semester?
- How do I accept or decline financial aid?
- Questions on other Departments / Offices at UWM.
- How do I apply for financial aid?
- When will I receive my excess aid check?
- Can I go on a payment plan to pay my tuition balance?
- What will happen if I withdraw from my classes?
- What is PAWS?
- How many credits do I need to take in order to receive financial aid?
Applying for Financial Aid
Any student wishing to receive financial aid must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). This form is available in October for the following school year. It serves as the application for Federal, State and Institutional financial aid. Information from the FAFSA is used to determine what types of financial aid a student is eligible to receive. To complete a FAFSA, please follow this link: http://www.fafsa.gov/. Learn more about the FAFSA process here. If you are unable to complete the FAFSA, you might also want to consider scholarship and private loan options.