Ask the Panther

Ask the Panther

Get answers to your financial aid questions below

View top ten questions

The Panther's Response - How many credits do I need to take in order to receive financial aid?

To Receive Financial Aid, You Must Be Enrolled

For most financial aid programs, you must be enrolled at least half-time in order to receive financial aid. For undergraduate students this is 6 credits and for graduate students this is 4 (graduate level) credits.  Some Pell Grant recipients may be eligible for a partial Pell Grant if enrolled less than half-time.

There are a few programs that are considered full-time, even though the number of credits the student is enrolled in may appear to be less than half-time.  Some of these are: eligible co-op programs, dissertator programs, and doctoral preliminary programs.  

How satisfied are you with your answer?

Need more help?