Get answers to your financial aid questions below
View top ten questions
- When will I receive my financial aid?
- How do I pay my tuition for the semester?
- How do I accept or decline financial aid?
- Questions on other Departments / Offices at UWM.
- How do I apply for financial aid?
- When will I receive my excess aid check?
- Can I go on a payment plan to pay my tuition balance?
- What will happen if I withdraw from my classes?
- What is PAWS?
- How many credits do I need to take in order to receive financial aid?
To Receive Financial Aid, You Must Be Enrolled
For most financial aid programs, you must be enrolled at least half-time in order to receive financial aid. For undergraduate students this is 6 credits and for graduate students this is 4 (graduate level) credits. Some Pell Grant recipients may be eligible for a partial Pell Grant if enrolled less than half-time.
There are a few programs that are considered full-time, even though the number of credits the student is enrolled in may appear to be less than half-time. Some of these are: eligible co-op programs, dissertator programs, and doctoral preliminary programs.