Get answers to your financial aid questions below
View top ten questions
- What will happen if I withdraw from my classes?
- When will I receive my financial aid?
- What happens to my financial aid if I am not enrolled full-time?
- How do I accept or decline financial aid?
- What different types of loans are offered?
- What is the deadline for applying for financial aid?
- Do I qualify for financial aid if I am not a U.S. Citizen?
- How do I get financial aid for UWinterM
- Questions on other Departments / Offices at UWM.
- How can I get a scholarship?
To Receive Financial Aid, You Must Be Enrolled
For most financial aid programs, you must be enrolled at least half-time in order to receive financial aid. For undergraduate students this is 6 credits and for graduate students this is 4 (graduate level) credits. Some Pell Grant recipients may be eligible for a partial Pell Grant if enrolled less than half-time.
There are a few programs that are considered full-time, even though the number of credits the student is enrolled in may appear to be less than half-time. Some of these are: eligible co-op programs, dissertator programs, and doctoral preliminary programs.