Get answers to your financial aid questions below
View top ten questions
- How can I apply for summer aid?
- How do I apply for financial aid?
- How do I accept or decline financial aid?
- Questions on other Departments / Offices at UWM.
- How much does tuition cost?
- When will I receive my financial aid?
- How do I get financial aid for UWinterM
- Where can I look to find more financial aid?
- Why have I been denied financial aid or had my financial aid cancelled?
- How can I get a scholarship?
Receiving Your Financial Aid
We begin disbursing Financial Aid funds 10 days before the first day of classes each term. We continue disbursing funds 3 times each week (Monday, Wednesday and Friday nights) throughout the term. Assuming you have been awarded and you have accepted all the awards you wish to receive; you are enrolled in the correct number of credits (or have notified us if you will enroll less than full-time); all of your financial aid paperwork is completed (including any master promissory notes and entrance loan counseling);your aid should disburse. You can check your PAWS account to confirm whether or not your aid has disbursed. We do send numerous email announcements about a month prior to the start of the semester, so don’t forget to check your email account. Find additional details on disbursement here.