Get answers to your financial aid questions below
View top ten questions
- When will I receive my financial aid?
- How do I pay my tuition for the semester?
- How do I accept or decline financial aid?
- Questions on other Departments / Offices at UWM.
- How do I apply for financial aid?
- When will I receive my excess aid check?
- Can I go on a payment plan to pay my tuition balance?
- What will happen if I withdraw from my classes?
- What is PAWS?
- How many credits do I need to take in order to receive financial aid?
Receiving Your Financial Aid
We begin disbursing Financial Aid funds 10 days before the first day of classes each term. We continue disbursing funds 3 times each week (Monday, Wednesday and Friday nights) throughout the term. Assuming you have been awarded and you have accepted all the awards you wish to receive; you are enrolled in the correct number of credits (or have notified us if you will enroll less than full-time); all of your financial aid paperwork is completed (including any master promissory notes and entrance loan counseling);your aid should disburse. You can check your PAWS account to confirm whether or not your aid has disbursed. We do send numerous email announcements about a month prior to the start of the semester, so don’t forget to check your email account. Find additional details on disbursement here.