Get answers to your financial aid questions below
View top ten questions
- When will I receive my financial aid?
- Do I have to tell you how many credits I am taking?
- When will I receive my excess aid check?
- What happens to my financial aid if I am not enrolled full-time?
- Questions on other Departments / Offices at UWM.
- How do I accept or decline financial aid?
- How many credits do I need to take in order to receive financial aid?
- Where can I look to find more financial aid?
- How much does tuition cost?
- Can I go on a payment plan to pay my tuition balance?
Receiving Your Financial Aid
We begin disbursing Financial Aid funds 10 days before the first day of classes each term. We continue disbursing funds 3 times each week (Monday, Wednesday and Friday nights) throughout the term. Assuming you have been awarded and you have accepted all the awards you wish to receive; you are enrolled in the correct number of credits (or have notified us if you will enroll less than full-time); all of your financial aid paperwork is completed (including any master promissory notes and entrance loan counseling);your aid should disburse. You can check your PAWS account to confirm whether or not your aid has disbursed. We do send numerous email announcements about a month prior to the start of the semester, so don’t forget to check your email account. Find additional details on disbursement here.